Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday Hunt 2016-7

I am back for Teresa's fun meme, Friday’s Hunt  For this week, the three themes are (1) Starts with G,  (2) Week's Favorite, and (3) In my kitchen. Here we go:


1. Starts with G: This is Grilling on our patio. Not in the season of Winter to be sure :) It is pork, marinated in lime juice, chilis and crushed red pepper. The limes for marinating and Portuguese bread completed this charcoal fueled meal...


2. Week's Favorite: This was taken on Tuesday at Witek Park in Derby Connecticut, a two mile jaunt from home. It is a pretty tranquil sight, but certainly as cold as it looks!


3. In my kitchen: From a few years ago, it is myself making Lemon Chicken, the browned chicken having been removed and the sauce beginning. One can only make this with fresh lemons - never reconstituted juice. Ever! These are all great hunt items, look forward to next week's list...

10 comments:

  1. Lemon Chicken sounds scrumptious, Ralph! And I can tell you are looking forward to grilling outdoors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ralph, The lemon sauce looks delicious. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lemon sauce looks scrumptious. The lime and chili grill sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good photos. The scenery in Favorite is very tranquil and soul soothing. I'm so happy, tha people still use fresh ingredients in the kitchen.

    R. Täysin arkista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ralph ~~ That lemon chicken looks really good. My taster went with my sense of smell so I can't tell the lemon kind from the bottle from the real stuff. If it calls for lemon zest, one lemon will be a plenty. The lake scene is pretty too.
    I don't grill so I say it is women's way to get men to do the cooking. Just in case, they all brag on the guy's cooking so as to make him proud and want to cook some more. My son really does like to cook outside on his grill. So we argue, good hearted about that. :)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lost my sense of smell way back in the 50's when my starting job at the Elgin Watch factory in Lincoln, Nebraska, was a 'Degreaser Operator.' I had to stand over a steaming hot vat, a very large one, and dip the watch and other item pieces to remove the grease for the cutting and drilling tools.
      Now-a-days I suppose those operators would sue for their injuries. Back then we were just glad to have the job.
      ..

      Delete
    2. Yeah, it seems that acid and powerful degreasers were uses pre-EPA. Bad stuff!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful view of the lake, but, yes, it does look cold. It's been a long time since I grilled. That is certainly a bright yellow sauce! Thanks so much for linking up with Friday's Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lake is beautiful, and yes...it looks really cold! It's probably even colder there this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love lemon chicken and I completely agree with you - real lemon juice is the only way to go. I love to grill in the summer too.

    ReplyDelete