Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Hunt, 2016-24

It is Friday as I await Teresa’s fun meme, Friday Hunt. A bit challenging to get the first weekly clue, but here are my eclectic choices:

Starts with X. Well, I couldn’t find anything starting with ‘X’…but how about a place that ends in ‘X’. This pic was from last Summer, and I didn’t take it - the always lovely Patti was with a group of people, including our Brooklyn resident son at The Duplex, a cabaret in the West Village of Manhattan. That is an acceptable ‘X’ (I hope ;)


Week's Favorite. Last Saturday, we were at the local Center for Cancer Care 5K in Derby. I was a supporter who couldn’t find my Team McVillers shirt…and the batteries in my wheelchair were suspect, so I avoided the course. So I took pictures with my phone, and here are two favorites, one of our three person Team McVillers, Patti, daughter Allegra and friend Rich. The other is the Griffin volunteer taking a pic of someone at the finish line - a look at one who completed the 5K captured with a photographer herself capturing a slice of life...


Wet (or water). I chose a view looking past the gazebo and bench at in West Haven CT. The body of water is Long Island Sound, a tidal estuary that flows from the East River in New York City to the Atlantic past Montauk Point NY. The Sound has a brackish brown/gray look under a cloudy sky - however, on a clear sunny day, the water looks bluer than blue. Great choices this week (including the ‘X’ :) Thanks Teresa!



7 comments:

  1. LongISland OSund looks a lovely place to have a wander. such a beautiful day in these shots. I like you entry for X. people this week have had to scratch their heads for shots of X this week and it has been interesting to see what everyone has come up with with mainly 'out of the box' shots. I hope you wil pop in to see me finds so until next week, have a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duplex works for me. Pretty important work in pink! Empty benches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble with x also, but finally found a web site that started with x. I enjoy the hunt. Looks like you had some pretty days for the race and photo hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. X at the end works great. X was a challenging letter but I managed to find a few things for my alphabetical gardening series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot of brackish water here, too. It does take a sunny day to turn it blue. Lovely shots and choices for Friday's Hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. X was a difficult letter for me this week too. The water photos look so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your choice for X. Sounds like a fun place to visit. The race looks like a great event, and the images are lovely. I especially like the barefoot photographer. Gorgeous water scene. I don't see those around here. Thanks for joining in Friday's Hunt. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete