Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Hunt, 2016-25

It is the end of the work week s we are happy for the return of Teresa’s fun meme Friday Hunt. Here are mine:

Starts with Y. The obvious choice to me is yellow, yet we seem to have no yellow in our yard. However in my archives, I am transported back to around Christmastime 1975 and the Villers homestead in East Hartford Connecticut - its clapboard siding is painted yellow, and six of the seven Villers children are lined up next to it :)

Week's Favorite. Last Sunday in the town just north of us in Seymour CT was the annual street fair, Seymour Founder’s Day. My favorite is the marquee on the restored Strand Theater that welcomes all to today’s event - with the American flags to its side on a spectacular day of warm temps (80°F / 27° C) and the occasional billowy fair-weather clouds that covered the sun just enough so we didn’t have to look for cooling shade…

In my shoes. Well, I have no pics of my shoes (not much to see, since using a wheelchair means that the uppers wear out much faster than the soles :) but I offer instead a shoebox with family feline Linus McDonald comfortably ensconced within. Thanks or all of this week’s clues Teresa!

5 comments:

  1. I love the shot of your cat in the shoe box. Great entry for the theme. I also love your seconed shot. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It interesting Ralph, there sure are a bunch old theaters with the name Strand. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see most of the family in that first shot. Looks like you had perfect weather for the celebration. We've been horribly hot. Love Linus in the shoe box! Purrfect for the prompt! Thank you so much for joining Friday's Hunt. Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems all kitties love a good shoe box to nestle into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linus McDonald seems quite content to be filling the shoe box!

    ReplyDelete