Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Hunt - 2016-26

It is again Friday and time for Teresa's fun meme, Friday Hunt  It seems hard to believe, but the English alphabet is about to be eclipsed as we are now at 'Z' - happily, we begin again with 'A' next week! So without further ado, week 26 begins...



Starts with ZThis photo has been seen before. Yet, still a memory that evokes a smile. We see a bear, but what of the 'Z'? This was taken at a Zoo, more specifically Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha Nebraska. It was taken on a steamy midwest summer day (Teresa knows the feeling being only one state away on I-80 :)

The time was in August 1983, the day hot and humid, a stifling 102°F (39°C). Our Ursus Maritimes not bothered ay the heat as was the zoo visitors.

It was captured originally on film from a Pentax K1000 manual SLR camera. The print has held up well despite its age. So this is my Z!



Week's Favorite. I went to the Father's Day car show at the excellent Shelton History Center on Sunday. Using a wheelchair, some of my favorite photos are taken just above the ground - here with our daughter Allegra (in red) I captured the shiny reflective hub cap on a gorgeous restored 1951 Chevy 3100 pickup. I love old American automotive iron, shadows and refections too :)


Today. I didn't take it, the always lovely Patti did. She was at lunch with a friend and captured her desert. Berries and shortcake makes for a delicious desert to look at - and I was advised that it was tasty too. Thanks Teresa!

5 comments:

  1. That shot of the the bear is gorgeous, very relaxed he is. Love the hubcap shot adn that dessert does look yummy. I have published now so hope you will pop in so until next week, I hope you had a wonderful one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sleepy bear, shiny and berry nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the bear's idea of a relaxed summer day. Nice reflection too. And the dessert, hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ralph, All great shots. I love the reflection in the wheel hub cap. This is really shiny. Thanks for sharing. Sylvia D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to smile at the bear at the zoo. I think I took my son on a very similar steamy trip to the same zoo about ten or eleven years later. The polar bears were our favorite. Great reflection shot. I can see why it's your favorite. That dessert does look delicious! Thanks so much for joining in. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete