Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Hunt - 2016-14

It is Friday, so I am ready for Teresa's fun meme Friday Hunt


For this week, I have an amalgam of old pics that follow the suggested themes (sort of :). For ‘Starts with N’ I go back to 1957 when at age 2, our family lived in Bayside, in the Borough of Queens set in New York City. My sister Micehle (at 3) and I (age 2) took a trip to The City (aka: Manhattan) with Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt Terry. Michele and I are in front of home, 204-07 35th Avenue. And I believe we were on the Staten Island Ferry where Grandpa stands in front of the heart of New York City…


Weeks’s Favorite (actually, always a favorite) is the pic of dressed up Grandma and Aunt Terry (age 15). This pic is always a favorite as we get to see both dressed up in smart wool pencil skirts and interesting headwear. How they were even able to sit down in this style remains a question to me…


Vintage is another old pic from, I believe, 1955. My father, a then reporter for the Atlantic City (NJ) Press lounging with the then biggest comedy act, (Dean) Martin and (Jerry) Lewis. They performed a lot in Atlantic City before their 1956 breakup. Vintage indeed!


5 comments:

  1. WOW! That is wonderul to have that 'vintage' image and infact I loved looking at all your old photos. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nostalgic photos from when women wore hats and gloves as I did when young. Your dad was lucky to be schmoozing with Dean and Jerry, a great photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun vintage photos that fit the other themes as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! I love old family photos (even if they aren't my family). The fashions are great. What a story to have your father in bed with such a famous comedy team! Thanks so much for sharing at Friday's Hunt.

    ReplyDelete