Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Watery Songlines - East River NYC

When driving over a bridge (and using a hand control to go and stop) I tend to keep my eyes on the road and ignore the watery views). However, the always lovely Patti in he passenger seat will take a pic should I request, and this one is being posted for this week's meme Watery Songlines.

Here is on the eastbound side of the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge (I-678), entering the Borough of Queens in New York City. The East River is a salt water tidal estuary that begins at the Lower New York Harbor and at this point, is near its end at Long Island Sound. This was a winter day where it had snowed but the sun was attempting to shine through the clouds. 

It is a neat view that I can more fully enjoy when looking at a computer screen instead of when driving down the road...


No comments:

Post a Comment